Order of participation of International Music Festival
"Sharq Taronalari" ("Melodies of Orient")
26*-30 August, 2019
Main Goals and Objectives
The following points are the main purposes of International Music Festival "Sharq Taronalari" ("Orient Melodies"):
- showing the unique spirit and image, as well as peculiarity of the oriental melodies;
- strengthen bonds of friendship, to promote world peace, friendship and harmony among nations;
- developing and increase the significance of musical art of the oriental nations;
- enhance the traditions of musical art of Uzbekistan and other nations, to have close scientific and creative contacts and cooperation with them;
- preserving the musical art traditions of the Eastern countries, to develop cultural dialogue;
- implementing scientific studies and researches in the sphere of traditional musical art of the Eastern nations co-operationally;
- exchange of experiences and organize roundtable discussions, presentations and workshops.
The festival is held in Samarkand in the third decade of August biannually.
The Festival is organized and conducted by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The main arrangements of the festival
- International competition “For the best performance”;
- Scientific - theoretical conference in theme "Perspectives for the development of traditional musical art of the peoples of the East";
- Concert programs at gardens, halls and other venues of Samarkand city;
- Awarding Ceremony of competition winners and Gala-Concert;
Also, creative meetings, special program as the form of scientific and press conference, panel and roundtable discussions, presentation and master classes will be organized during the Festival.
All local expenses in Uzbekistan (meals, accommodation and transportation) will be covered by the organizer.
Competition “For the best performance”;
Professional music groups, as well as soloists from every country may take part in the Festival competition.
The music groups is required to have no more 6 people on the stage.
The duration of performing program’s of the performers during the competition should not be more than 20 minutes.
Applicants should fill in special applicant’s form attaching their materials and performing programs through the Organizing Committee’s website www.sharq-taronalari.uz till April 20th, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed by qualified specialists and the selection committee will announce the list of participants, who will be invited to the Festival till 20th May, 2019.
Application and information will be accepted only in uzbek, english and russian languages.
To assess performances of the competition participants, the Organizing Committee shall form an International jury of seven people.
Highly qualified specialists, prominent art and culture figures, scientists, researchers, practitioners, as well as relevant representatives from participating countries are invited to the staff of the International Jury.
The International jury will assess the performance of participants according to two directions:
- Professional Traditional Music and song;
- Modern music or songs, which are created on the traditional way.
The main criterion of evaluation are vivid traditional features, meaning, high performance skill and stage culture.
The Organizing Committee does not take responsibility for the evaluation and awarding of the jury members.
Awards of the Festival
Winners of the competition shall be awarded by the Organizing Committee with diplomas, statuettes and prize money in the following amounts:
Grand Prix – 10 000 USD;
1st place (in each direction) 2 х 5 000 - 10 000 USD;
2nd place (in each direction) 2 х 3 500 - 7 000 USD;
3rd place (in each direction) 3 х 2 000 - 6 000 USD;
According to the decision of the International jury, Grand Prix shall not be awarded if no candidate is determined.
According to the decision of the International jury, only Grand Prix will not be divided. Cash prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places can be divided.
Winners of the competition may participate to the concert of closing ceremony.
Participants who win the recognition of the organizers, creative associations, funds, other independent organizations and fans in nominations such as “The youngest participant”, “The best participant recognized by fans” and other nominations shall be awarded with special diploma and a cash prize at the amount of 500 USD.
Each participant of the festival will receive a certificate of active participant of International Music Festival Sharq Taronalari.
Rights of the Organizer
The organizer has the following rights:
Issue permits for broadcasting performances of the festival participants and broadcasting to other organizations;
Conduct the festival, and to produce and distribute all types of audio, video, print and other products prepared following the event;
Use materials submitted to the Organizing Committee who wish to participate in the Festival for advertisement purposes;
Attract world-class professionals and art figures to the festival.
Each participant of the festival must have his/her own health insurance.
Address of organizing committee:
100022, Str. Toshbuloq 8-AB, Yakkasaroy dist. Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan,
Ministry of Cultural of the Republic Uzbekistan
Directorate of the International Music Festival "Sharq Taronalari".
Tel.: (998 71) 2506133, (998 95) 1442545